July 15, 2020
Per the state of Ohio Department of Health, OIAH is operating with the following measures in place.
- All classes remain online through Blackboard LMS
- Every person entering the building must wear a mask
- Every person that enters the building must have their temperature taken
- No more than 10 total people can meet within the building
- All meetings require safe distancing measures
- The school has only three total rooms available and each room is sanitized after use
- The school has provided hand sanitizer for all people entering the building
- All individual meetings are conducted with masks and 6ft apart
June 4, 2020
OIAH will re-open its physical doors on June 15th.
All classes have moved to remote learning. During these uncertain times, our goal is to keep all current students on track for academic success and on-time graduation.
March 23, 2020
Beginning tomorrow, March 24, 2020 OIAH is adhering to Gov. DeWine’s mandated shelter in place and will suspend all in person activity until after April 6th, 2020. OIAH staff and faculty are committed to continuing classes for current students via distance learning online instruction.
If you have any questions or concerns beginning March 24, 2020 please email our Executive Director, Elicia Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 18, 2020
In accordance with the guidance issued by the Ohio Department of Health and Governor DeWine and the Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools, OIAH is transitioning the majority of onsite classroom or laboratory teaching to distance learning. The only continuing face-to-face instructional activity on campus will be individual meetings with students or small group instruction where students and teachers are able to maintain acceptable social distancing protocols.
March 11, 2020
OIAH is closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19). At this time, we have no OIAH students or staff members who have positively identified as contracting COVID-19.
We are working closely with the Montgomery County Public Health Agency and following our institution’s Emergency Management Protocol. OIAH is also adhering to CDC guidelines and recommendations for Interim Guidance for Administrators of US Institutions of Higher Education.
The safety of our students, staff and the entire community is extremely important. OIAH is increasing the frequency of cleaning common and high-traffic areas each day including bathrooms, water fountains, lunchrooms, common places, door handles, handrails on stairs, etc.
We encourage you to follow these precautions to prevent the spread of COVID19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
The Ohio Department of Health has opened a call center to answer questions regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19). The call center will be open 7 days a week from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and can be reached at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634).
For more information about COVID-19, consider visiting the following websites:
Ohio Department of Health
Center for Disease, Control, and Prevention (CDC)
We will continue to post updates on our website as information becomes available.