The Holidays are approaching and while it can be a joyous time of celebration, it can also be a very stressful time financially. Here are some tips on how to save during the holiday season, even as a college student.
- Make a Budget- Know exactly what is going in and out at ALL times.
- Utilize Your Student Status-Take advantage of student discounts on-line, at the movies, wherever!
- Separate “Wants” from “Needs”- Know the differences between the two, to make sure all your needs are being met first.
Try this exercise:
$60 a week for food, is that a “want” or a “need”? (A: NEED)
$50 for mani/pedi, is that a “want” or a “need”. (A: WANT)
- Creative Gift Giving- Bake cookies for your relatives and friends. Make gift certificates for date night for a significant other or movie night for a friend!
- Empty Out Your Pockets-Any loose change that comes out of your purse, car, or pockets, put it in a jar and save for a rainy day!
Happy Savings! Happy Holidays!